The Red Lion is a traditional 16th Century half timbered, thatched inn.
It has played an integral part in village life for centuries, and continues to do so today.
It has also played host to royalty on two occasions. Firstly, George III dined there during a stag hunt in the area on 7th November 1781 and then the Prince of Wales, later uncrowned Edward VIII, visited it when beagling during his student days at Oxford in 1914.
Disaster struck in December 2001 when a chimney fire set light to the thatched roof, destroying much of the building and the adjoining cottage. Thanks to the exceptional efforts of the 60 firemen from around the county, many of the timbers were saved and have been reused enabling the new building to retain much of its original character.
Today, the Red Lion is one of the most popular pubs in South Oxfordshire, welcoming young and old through its doors as it has done for centuries.